Saturday, August 29, 2009


My name is Happyness

Seemingly lost in the horizon, a cloud once asked my name
The pitter-patter of the early morning dew, was clearing the world for me
The whispering glance of the sun-touched cloud, kissed a smile on my face
"My name is Happiness", I said, "I want to bring my heaven to yours"


"But your world is so sad", said the cloud gloomily, with raindrops bursting in its heart
"What will you do there? You have no house to stay in your world"
"Oh!" I said", "that’s not true, dear cloud, it’s all within me to clear my sky
I can either blow you away, if I am strong enough ,or wait till you've cried ,if I’m patient enough!"


"But I may cry and cry and flood your lives with sadness, a deluge on your world,
the fury of my wrath, a symphonies of sorrow, then what will you do," asked the cloud,
"Then I will laugh and I’ll laugh with so much of sunshine, that the floods will dry very very fast
Or better still, my dear cloud, with my ring of sunbeams, you may never even near me again"


"But what about greed, lust and destruction, it’s not I who maims all the time," said the cloud
"That’s easy, friend cloud, I will teach you to heal, the heart that kills is not always ill
If you and I and all in my happy ring, can only make every heart sing
My heaven will be yours ,for now, forever ; Just open your soul, the song will follow!"

5 comments:

  1. Loved this one...it's a philosophy I try to live by every single day...and it's nice to see your beautiful words frame it in a poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..this was indeed very nice..
    very story like yet poetic..
    it had shades of innocense and kid kind of expressions.. of being inquisitive and ask wat if this, what if that..?
    In fact, i dont know, whether you ever thought of this - or whther its already in practice -but this can be a potential play script for new CUT workshops that may come up...
    ... loved the line - ""the heart that kills is not always ill""...
    way to go...keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anupama! thanks!
    Learner..well...wow ..thanks for the detailed view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I want to bring my heaven to yours"... lovely thought. And, BTW that's what you are doing by sharing these beautiful thoughts with the world:)!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you and I and all in my happy ring, can only make every heart sing
    My heaven will be yours ,for now, forever ; Just open your soul, the song will follow!"

    so well expressed... keep writing

    ReplyDelete