Monday, October 5, 2009

Loveland blues


Walking down the sunlit greens
Love once asked me what she seems
To me she is a vault of dreams
To live in her my heart careens

And when that girl does walk my way
The angels waltz in sweet sashay
Eyes of mine she locks in hers
That heart of mine, her charm allures

Holding hands, we watch the sea
What have I ,than she to me
The waves of life are setting free
Those shells of love forever be

In her arms, I need not fear
For I’m her man, and all things dear
And when she all but twitch her lip
My soul does jump and miss a step

The dusk of sweet and salt romance
All it takes is but a glance
Love just loves the waiting game
but when it ends , it’s not the same

9 comments:

  1. aah haa. . . very beautiful and quite sensitive.. .i wonder what drives u or inspires . . well what ever it may be - gud part is - we get to read some really gud stuff...

    but by the way - wat was the end of ur poem - happy or sad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this one is amazing!!!

    Each stanza has a mood of its own... but you know what, I found the last two lines extremely sad. But these very lines take this poem to another level. Quite profound.

    This is indeed one of your best creations!

    Best wishes and smiles for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when Love ends its always sad!,but does Love ever end?...dunno :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently - true love never ends - - - provided it is true love. . .or it is love in the first place :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Love just loves the waiting game
    but when it ends, it's not the same"

    Hmm . . . heart-tugging! :-/

    As Shelley said, our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought! :-/

    Reminds me of a very similar ending I had given to something I wrote:

    "Everything is just the same
    As it was in days of yore
    Everything is just the same
    But you, my love, are no more . . . "

    . . . the last line left deliberately ambiguous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a hopeless romantic,the poem was almost experiential.I loved being there and I have conveniently ignored the end.(Love is a lot about giving and for that one reason, it doesn't really make it sad though.) Thanks for this lovely love-trip. I will stay in this euphoria for a few hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one vijay,as usual...:-)
    the learner..i know why you will make a super boyfriend now!
    and my dearest meen, u just made me fee very very special! thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahhah
    Shukriyaa...

    Laugh laugh laugh awayy.. .. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. "In her arms, I need not fear
    For I’m her man, and all things dear
    And when she all but twitch her lip
    My soul does jump and miss a step"

    Cute lines :)

    ReplyDelete