Sunday, October 18, 2009

Without her next to me...

She sat there right next to me, miles away
I was mesmerized by her tormenting touch-me-not beauty
And today, I feel drained,lonely,a shell without life

My music was muted, my heart strings uprooted
What blocked us from reaching out, was destiny's child
I knew that she knew, I cried and she cried..I know she did

For all my day's yearning was for those few moments of paradise
Her arms in my mine, my breath caressing the love buds on her lips
Its not that we are lovelorn young teens , without a care in this world

She lives a life very far from her being, she is but a figment in fate's cruel trick
While I live a life , counting the shadows in her eyes, seeing me in everyone of them
But when that moment sublime arrives everytime, the passion within erupts with her touch

Sitting there lost in the void of time, as the moments recede and my soul cries out
I turn to my precious and ask myself , I married you my darling, a long time back
I’m born again everytime you swim in my thoughts, and yet why do I wait forever?

When will this world know that my soul mate is only mine, I’m still-born , my angel, lease me my life

2 comments:

  1. Apart from the interesting opening, really liked the following two lines too:

    "While I live a life, counting the shadows in her eyes, seeing me in everyone of them"

    And

    "I am born again everytime you swim in my thoughts, and yet why do I wait forever"

    Beautiful string of words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've snatched all the words to put in your poem. all i have to say is that i read it twice but i still couldn't hold myself from reading it for the third, forth and fifth time. ur wife is a very lucky woman karthik.

    ReplyDelete