Friday, September 4, 2009

Dramaturgy



Suddenly the pangs of grief engulf my being
Struck with the absolute called Death closing in
This useless shell covering my soul, starts withering
The time has come, the dark angel beckons me

Waking up with a spring in my step
With a soul brimmed with joy and warmth
I spring to life and run with the wind
I croon along with the melody of life

The old woman, the wretch that I am
Hunchbacked with horror, wickedness defined
I look at this pitiful world, a cackle escapes my cavities
I shriek and scream with sadistic delight

To be or not to be, that is my answer
The young prince of indecision, I am but mad
Born to my father, a prisoner of fate
I twist and turn my mind's demons

Who am I, what is he that wears so many masks?
Am I the sum or the whole of many parts
Now that I am I, let me share my secret
Oh! To be an actor, to walk and run and die on stage!

3 comments:

  1. aahh finally after a gud break ,, u sit down n write,,aye:)

    well it felt this was synthesis of a lot many faces...or phases..!!

    some one - fearing death..old age ,,as in seeing ur self as one of its kind..people in general who are around...taking pleasure in others grief..a child...the mind..the actor..!!

    no doubt its another gud piece.. but it surely feels u wrote this in midst of a lot many more questions...!!

    keep writin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fav line : Let me share my secret :)

    nice....

    Looking fwd to more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. folks! thanks for the comments! yea this was more of me as an actor thinking as a person..or is it the other way!!?

    ReplyDelete