Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Once upon a life

She left last morning, moist eyes and a heavy heart
the skies opened up, as if the whole of my life was crying
She said goodbye , she said farewell, she said things I fear most
Her voice was trembling, my soul died that very minute

As I walk through the moaning walls of this town
as if the ghost within me had died once again
The loveliness of that beautiful visage , of that woman who was mine
comes near me , she reaches out ,as we walk hand in hand into paradise
As I open my eyes, she is gone, my hand goes limp, my life stands still

What were the last words she said to me, my ears only heard the song on her lips
Did she say she's going , or did she say she is leaving
Where does this quandary leave me now? when will my heart stop wanting her
I left her yesterday for the first time, I said hello, she said goodbye

7 comments:

  1. OOohhh!! hmnnn touching..
    it reaches for sure.. . .
    so what was the answer - was she going? or was she leaving?
    very nice karthik..
    Its gud to see, or rather read how u put different facets/ emotions/ people thru your lines.. good that one can think so vastly and penn it down.. your poems n writeups are generally towards - vast... sometimes, its on people, some time characters, war, being happy, sad, confusions.. love,,,parting.. etc etc..
    Coool stufff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The learner! ur comments are more poetic than my writing! wow and thanks , u have felt wat ive written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fav line : I said hello, she said goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  4. "she said things I fear most"... a beautiful expression of the insecurity that we experience whenever the thought of losing any of our dear ones crosses the mind!!! So well expressed. And the helplessness expressed in the following words is ultimate : "when will my heart stop wanting her".

    I think this one is one of your best creations; I am sure, many many more are on their way!

    I am for sure watching this space for more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww:( dis one really touched me man!! u kno wy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vandana and Divya! well , am happy you guys are really following my writings..thanks for that and thanks for the people you are!

    ReplyDelete